The game takes place inside a very large horizontally recuring plane which can lead players to beleive that the map is infinite.
Onscreen you have a vision limit of 10x9 with the player's graphic being shown in the 5x6th square. this is similiar to in the pokemon games in which your character never actually moves around the screen but the entire world moves around you at the press of a directional button.
(if you press up,down,left,right,A at the title screen you will automatically be initiated into stage 2.
|Button||In-Game effect||Spell menu effect|
|Directional Pad||Moves Knight,Directs attacks||Moves cursor|
|A-button||Picks up and drops items.||Makes Selection|
|B-button||Brings up spell menu.||Moves cursor to Quit (exit menu)|
|Start||Pauses game and erects a tent whilst showing your stats||Not used.|
|Select||Not used.||Not used.|
Once you have loaded it will be impossible to begin combat (which earns spells) no matter how high your attack is due to your lack of a weapon, this effectively forces the player to scavenge before they can start fighting as attacking an opponent without a weapon will always deal 10 damage.
There are many types of object in the game, divisable into the categories following; Items, Scenery and Animates.
Animates: this includes you, the enemys, wind and for the simplicity of explanation, your house.
Scenery : this is a very simple list, blocks and treasure chests
Items : there are several types of item namely
- Strength ring: allows you to push blocks away from yourself, can be used inovativly to construct a fortress, also essecial when first scavenging for a sword/key
- Sword : when you collect this item it fuses with your body 'videodrome' style and acts as if you do not have anything equiped, allowing for you to hold another item while you fight
- Key: if you stand on a treasure chest and press A when you are carrying the key then it will open revealing a random item (or reaper)
- Plate : what this actually is is not at all certain but it seems to be a type of plate that you collect to enhance your vitality
- Stud : These are strange stud like items that will grant the player an attack gain of 2500 if they are carried to the players house and then dropped.
- Mana pot' : these vase like items are required if you wish to use any of the games multitude of magical attacks.
- Crux' : The game appears to have somthing in the way of theism in that not only will this cross like item prevent an enemy from harming you it can also be placed in the ground as something only you can travel past, they also protect you from reapers